Need New Friends: How to Make Friends Without a Drake-Size Budget
Last weekend one of my roommate’s college friends, Sean, visited us for a few days. Sean lives with his two best friends in New York City, where they work together, share a Verizon family plan and run their dating decisions by each other. At one point Sean started playing the song “No New Friends” and said it was basically his motto for life in New York. I didn’t say anything, but inside I was thinking, if this were my song, I’d be in the club screaming out, “NEED NEW FRIENDS.”
This man and I have very different social lives. (Photo credit: Wikimedia, thanks to this flickr account.)
I’ve already talked about my quest to make friends since two of my close friends recently left Chicago. I call it friend-courting, and honey, am I ever playing the field with the ladies of Chicago. Besides needing new friends, there are many other differences between my life and Drake’s life. See below.
- Has a posse.
- Can hook his friends up with jobs.
- Owns more than one car.
- Makes a ton of money.
- Needs to worry about whether friendly people really want to be his friends, or if they just want his money.
- Has a large family.
- Can give her friends her business card.
- Owns a zipcar membership.
- Has an entry-level salary.
- Needs to worry about whether friendly people will expect to hang out at expensive bars.
"dont fight hate with hate" so u admit, u hate us?
"dont fight fire with fire" so u admit, u set the fire?